Posted: 15 Aug 2014
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport / Aerodrome Services and Aviation Real Estate Development. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Calgary Head Office is seeking an experienced Systems Safety Manager position to support our growing and diverse operations.
The Systems Safety Manager works closely with all levels of management and employees across the company in various working environments to ensure safe work practices and policies. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery and maintenance of the Safety Management System.
- Initiate, promote, implement and maintain Health and Safety projects and initiatives.
- Update, maintain and present safety orientation and training for all new employees to ensure complete and effective understanding of potential risks and expected behaviors within the workplace.
- Maintain and present safety orientation meetings and ongoing training for existing employees and visitors.
- Actively promote and participate in monthly Health and Safety Committee meetings and provide guidance to committee’s in resolving issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Coordinate Health and Safety supplies by ensuring appropriate supplies are identified and purchased in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Monitor usage of supplies and identify inappropriate use and respond accordingly.
- Provide regular and accurate statistical reports on all medical aid, SMS incidents and injuries and lost time injuries.
- Monitor and recommend corrective actions as required.
- Maintain Health and Safety bulletin boards.
- Maintain system for recording of Health and Safety related training on individual employee files and company logs.
- Ensure company compliance of legislative standards and requirements.
- Create and present the Safety Management System (SMS) across the organization and update the manual as required after presentation.
- Ensure effective hazard analysis is completed for all Bases and safety sensitive positions.
- Ensure Safe Work Procedures are current and complete for all locations.
- Conduct effective ergonomic analysis of the workplace and work locations.
- Conduct monthly departmental safety audits, with assistance from the Health and Safety committee member from the department, and report on results.
- Investigate, record and report all accidents, incidents and near misses thoroughly and effectively.
- Maintain current and historical safety records and trend analysis.
- Respond to accidents, incidents and near misses appropriately, as required, including communicating, training, coaching and following up with supervisors and employees.
- Encourage and promote positive and effective safety culture through communications initiatives and coaching supervisors/employees.
- Provide input for corporate newsletter on Safety and Wellness.
- Support and promote Human Resources department initiatives and provide assistance in the absence of HR personnel.
- Support company initiatives and policies and conduct and execute all activities and duties with enthusiasm and a positive, results focused attitude.
- Ensure exceptional customer service and a pleasurable client experience.
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety programs and Quality Systems.
- Other duties as required.
- University Degree or College diploma or certificate in Safety Management, Aviation, Business or appropriate field.
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid First Aid Certificate is preferred
- Safety Management experience in the aviation industry supporting field locations is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience implementing and promoting safe work practices and policies within aviation operations.
- Working knowledge of the Canada Labour Code.
- Experience with Provincial Certificate of Recognition (COR).
- Experience with accident investigation, workplace inspection and job hazard analysis is preferred.
- Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Able to work in a confidential capacity with a high level of professionalism.
- Proven ability to build credibility and strong partnerships at all levels.
- Very strong sense of urgency with proven record of following through to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Energetic, self-motivated, creative and especially positive outlook.
- Proven ability to maintain confidences and ensure confidentiality of information and records.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Travel within Alberta and BC is required.
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com the position title and location you are applying for in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.